Hello everyone ! I hope you are all well .
You may have read my pervious blog posts on day 1 and 2 of my trip to New York last month - if not I suggest you read them before reading this one . In today's post I am going to be telling you what we did on the third day of the trip .
In the morning we went to the breakfast cafe we had been to the previous day and I had pancakes with sausages which were not as tasty as the chocolate chip pancakes but were still delicious ! Whilst eating breakfast it started to rain very heavily , so when everyone had finished eating we had to run to the nearest Starbucks for shelter and wait until the rain settled down .
Then we walked through the city for a while until we reached the boat dock where we would be taking a boat tour trip from. Whilst walking through the city we passed Carlo's bakery bake shop from the TV show ' cake boss' .
We then went on a boat trip to Liberty Island which was amazing ! I also learnt a lot about the surroundings . We passed the boat dock that the famous Titanic ship was supposed to arrive at but never did after it hit an ice burge and sunk - 22 other ships like the Titanic have sunk on their trip to that exact boat dock .
We also passed the tower where the first ever mobile phone call was made :
We also passed the worlds biggest clock which I believe was around 50 foot wide (?) I may be wrong but I know for sure it is the worlds biggest clock .
The best part of the boat trip was definitely seeing the Statue of Liberty in person - it's much taller than I had imagined !
( The Empire State over looking the other sky scrapers ) -
The Central building in this photo is the new world trade centre - the tallest building in New York City .
After the boat trip we then went to a pizza diner and then returned back to the hotel where we got ready for the evening meal at Bubba Gump Shrimp and to see the Musical ' Matilda ' .
As we were walking to Times Square where the restaurant and theatre were we noticed crowds gathering round the sides of the streets as President Barak Obama was driving through the city ! There were many many many security vehicles drive past before Obama and his wife Michelle could be seen driving through .
The meal at Bubba Gump shrimp was great - I had fish and chips . If you didnt know the name 'Bubba Gump Shrimp ' is taken from the shrimp business in the film 'Forest Gump' - our waiter hosted a Forest Gump quiz and I won a key ring and a Forest Gump quote printed on some card .
We had a nice view over looking Times Square from our table in the restaurant too :)
After the meal we then went to see Matilda the musical which was brilliant - I didn't really enjoy the first 10 minutes or so as I found it boring but then it seemed to get much better and the staging / setting was amazing too , I would really recommended going to see Matilda on Broadway .
After the musical we then went back to the hotel where the girls all chatted for an hour or so before we went to sleep as we were all pretty tired .
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post , there will be a fourth and final New York blog post on the last day of the trip so stay tuned for that and if you have any questions don't hesitate to leave them In the comments or contact me via my twitter - @lucygraysonn .
Lucy :) x





















No comments:
Post a Comment