Monday, 3 August 2015

New York 2015 - Friday 17th July - Day 2


Hello everyone ! I hope you are all well .

You may have seen my last blog post where I talked about what I got up to on the first day of my New York trip ( if you have not yet read it I suggest you read that before this one) . In this post I am going to tell you what we got up to on the second day of the trip , the first full day .

After everyone had got ready for the day and met in the lobby of the hotel , we then went out to a small , cute cafe for breakfast . I had chocolate chip pancakes which were delicious ! However I could not manage to eat it all as I could not stomach the huge portion size. 
After break fast we then walked through the city which is amazing as there is so much to look at..



Whilst walking through the city we passed the library which features in the film ' the day after tommorrow ' which happens to be one of my all time favourite films - I really recommend watching it if you haven't already.

We continued walking until we finally reached the Empire State Building - famous for being the tallest building in New York until The World Trade centre was re- built and now that is the tallest building ( you will see photos of the world trade centre in another blog post ) .

 From ground level the Empire State didn't seem as tall as I expected it to be but once we were up at the top I really noticed its height as I stared down at the tiny ant sized cars below .




The view was absolutely beautiful . 

After visiting the Empire State we then went to a pretty park and sat down for a while and chatted amongst ourselves .

Whilst walking through the city we passed this very old looking church , which was was a strong contrast to the modern sky scrapers which surrounded it . 

We also visited the famous department store 'Macy's ' but you will find out what I purchased there in a my summer favourites blog post so stay tuned for that.
 
After visiting Macy's and a few other stores we then went to Times Square . It was extremely busy but the atmosphere was amazing ! There were various street performers and many , many people dressed as the Statue of Liberty .


For our evening meal we then went to the famous restaurant 'Planet Hollywood' . Sadly the food didn't live up to its name but the company was great :) 

 
We then returned back to the hotel and  3 of the girls on the trip came into mine and my two friends hotel room where we chatted for a while until we were all nearly falling asleep so we all went to bed .

I hope you have enjoyed this blog post ! Stay tuned for my next blog post which will be New York day 3 . Thankyou very much for reading and if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments or contact me via my Twitter @lucygraysonn :) 

Lucy x





No comments:

Post a Comment