Friday, 31 July 2015

New York 2015 - Thursday 16th July- Day 1

Hello everybody ! I hope you are all well and enjoying your summer .

Recently I went on a 5 day long trip to New York City with 2 teachers from school and 11 students . As I enjoyed the trip so much I thought I would share with you what we did on each day of the trip through a series of blog posts, and perhaps encourage you to go to New York one day .

The trip begun at 3 am on Thursday morning when my Dad dropped me off at school - I hadn't slept but the excitement was keeping me awake. From school the lads on tour then travelled via mini bus to Manchester airport.

When we arrived at Manchester I had no idea what to expect as I had never been to an airport or on an aeroplane until then , and I admit I was rather nervous about going through security and flying but I was kept calm by everyone and everything went swimmingly . After waiting around in the airport for a while we finally boarded our flight to London Heathrow which was only around 45 Minuits long. When we arrived at Heathrow we waited around for a while and then boarded the plane that we would be spending the next 7 hours on to NYC. I luckily got the window seat so had a great view :

My first experience of a long haul flight was fine, and I actually managed to get some sleep which I didn't think I would be able to . The food was not too great but it was edible . 

When we eventually made it to JFK airport we did some more waiting around for another mini bus , on which a tour guide talked us through our surroundings as we drove through Manhattan towards the city -there was so much to take in I didn't know where to look!

We then arrived at our hotel 'county yard Marriott hotel' which was located in the city , and had 10 Minuits to get ready for the evening meal at ' dukes ' restaurant - it was a very very stressful 10 Minuits 

( the girls all ready for the meal ) 

Dukes restaurant itself was a lovely building and the interior was very visually interesting - there were various flags and posters and celebrity signatures all over the walls and ceiling :



After some confusion and mix up of food orders my meal arrived a little late but it was definitely worth the wait- the burger was perfect as it had no mayonnaise or gurkins in it - two of my most hated foods . The fries were delicious too. For dessert  I had brownie and whipped cream which was also very tasty - my first impressions of American food were very good . 

We then returned back to the hotel for an early night as we were all pretty tired after the long journey .

I hope you enjoyed this blog post on my first day of my trip and if you would like to know what I got up to for the rest of the trip stay tuned :) thankyou for reading ! If you have any blog post requests don't hesitate to contact me via my twitter @lucygraysonn or leave them in the comments ! 

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment